To provide access to SchoolMind for students or parents in an easy and fast way, invitation codes can be generated and given to students and parents.
Access to SchoolMind works on an invitation principal. That means that the school provides a user with an invitation code and the user adds it to his SchoolMind ID account so he can access SchoolMind.
It is prerequisite that a user has a SchoolMind ID account. See this article for more information about SchoolMind ID: https://schoolmind.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004825131
You can find the invitation codes for both students and parents in the Reports module.
1. Navigate to Reports > Class Reports, select the institution, academic year, and class.
2. In the Type drop-down menu, you find Student users invitation code and or Parent users invitation code reports.
3. Select the desired report, choose the format (HTML or PDF), and click Generate button.
2. Once the report is generated it will be opened in a new tab.
At the top, you can see a list of users, and their invitation code statuses (validated, expired, and pending).
Invitation code statuses:
- Pending - These are the users which haven't obtained their invitation code or haven't entered it to their SchoolMind ID account. Once they enter the invitation code to their SchoolMind ID account, their status will be set to validated.
- Validated - These are the users who already have entered the invitation code to their SchoolMind ID and have access to SchoolMind. The Last Activity field in the report shows when the user was active.
- Expired - If the user hasn't entered their invitation code for 12 months, their status is set to Expired.
Further below there are invitation codes for all users with "pending" status, together with instructions on how to access SchoolMind.
Example invitation codes report:
Figure 1. List of users with their statuses and last activity timestamp.
Figure 2. Instructions for a user with the "pending" status, together with an invitation code.