Securing your SchoolMind ID account with a strong and unique password is very important as password breaches have become a common thing these days.
When choosing your password, we recommend choosing or generating a password that is:
- 8 characters long (if it includes a number, uppercase letter, lowercase letter, and symbol)
- 15 characters long (with any combination of characters)
To keep your account secure, we recommend you follow these best practices:
- Don’t share your password with anyone
- Use a unique password for your SchoolMind ID
- Include letters, capitals, numbers & symbols
- Make passwords at least 8 characters
- Use a password manager, such as LastPass or 1Password.
- Configure two-factor authentication for your personal account. For more information, see this article: https://schoolmind.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000618352
When you type a password to create an account, change your password, or reset your password, SchoolMind will check if the password you entered is considered weak according to datasets like HaveIBeenPwned.
HaveIBeenPwned is a service that checks has your password been compromised in any security breach that happened previously.
To check if your password, or account, has been compromised go to the HaveIBeenPwned.com website.
Never share your password, even with your colleagues. Each person should use only their own SchoolMind ID account.