What is SchoolMind ID?
SchoolMind ID is your online profile that exists independently of the profile you have in your school.
There is a difference between SchoolMind ID account and SchoolMind account. SchoolMind ID account is created and managed by the user, while the SchoolMind account is managed by the school.
For example, the student is being enrolled in a school. The school administration adds the student to the SchoolMind system, and student's SchoolMind account is created. This account is managed by the school. Now, in order to provide access for this student to his account, the school provides the student with an invitation code. It can be viewed in the system, sent via email, or sent as a text message. The student now visits id.schoolmind.com and creates his SchoolMind ID account to which he adds the invitation code provided by the school. Once the student has added the invitation code to his SchoolMind ID, he can access his school account.
With this concept, it is possible for users to have multiple accounts linked to a single SchoolMind ID account. This is beneficial for teachers who work in multiple institutions where they have different school accounts. They can link those school accounts to their SchoolMind ID account and switch between schools seamlessly without the need to log out and log in every time in order to switch schools.
Also, another example is if a teacher has a child enrolled in the same school he is working in. The teacher can simply link his child's account to his SchoolMind ID and can switch between his and his child's account in just a few clicks.
With SchoolMind ID you can:
- Use just one account (SchoolMind ID) to login into any of the institutions you work in. You don't need to manage a separate account for each institution - just one account to rule them all.
- Manage details of your account yourself, such as your name and profile picture.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Add Security Keys.
- To be able to access institution you work in, you will need to obtain your invitation code from the principal or administrator at your institution in order to add that institution to your SchoolMind ID. Only your principal or administrator can provide you with your invitation code.
Creating your SchoolMind ID
You can create SchoolMind ID yourself. Just go to https://id.schoolmind.com/ and complete the process. We'll email you asking that you verify your email address. That's it!
If you don't see the verification email, check your spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set up Two-Factor Authentication or add a Security Key
If you've enabled Two-Factor Authentication for your SchoolMind ID, you'll see a second login step that requires you to check the verification app on your phone for a 6-digit code.
If you've enabled authentication using Security Keys for your SchoolMind ID, you'll be prompted to insert a security key into your PC's USB port as a second login step.
Note that your administrator is able to require that you enable two-step verification on your account.
Updating your account details
You can update the details of your SchoolMind ID yourself. Some things you can do is:
- Update your email address.
- Change the interface language (web and mobile app).
- Change the timezone.
- Change your SchoolMind ID password.
- Change your display name and profile picture.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication for your SchoolMind ID, to get added security.
- Add a Security Keys for your SchoolMind ID, to get added security.
See this article on how to update your SchoolMind Id profile settings:
SchoolMind ID in the mobile app
Even though our mobile app is constantly evolving, there are still some things you can set only using the SchoolMind web app. For example, you can enable 2FA or add Security Keys only via the web app.
The table below shows what SchoolMind ID features are available on the mobile and web app:
|SchoolMind ID feature||Mobile app||Web app|
|Create a SchoolMind ID account||yes||yes|
|Recover your password||no||yes|
|Add a user account||yes||yes|
|Change your name||no||yes|
|Change your email||no||yes|
|Change the language||yes||yes|
|Change the timezone||no||yes|
|Change your password||no||yes|
|Enable Two-Factor Authentication||no||yes|
|Add Security Keys||no||yes|